Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Color and Fragrance



I don't know which excites and pleases me more in Spring...the beautiful colors or the heavenly fragrance.
Luckily it's easy to enjoy them both by bringing forced bulbs and snipped branches inside your home. Although I've got lots of bulbs blooming in my garden I can't resist buying a few forced hyacinths to bring inside. Here I've got them displayed three different ways. On the right I "planted" a hyacinth along with a few small iris nestled in gravel in an antique sugar bowl. The middle bulb is resting in a bulb vase. And the little flower pot on the right has a bulb planted in potting soil. Along with a few branches of forsythia they make a sunny and sweetly scented addition to my kitchen shelf where I can enjoy them all day long.

Other wonderful branches for snipping include Sweet Box (sarcococca), Daphne and sweet Clematis armandii. Just a few tiny sprigs will scent your entire house. Mmmm....heavenly!
Sarcococca
Daphne
Clematis armandii




No comments:

Post a Comment